Kohuiarau "parliamentarians" place their parliament in recess
22 February 2001
TE WHARE O RARO
TE RUNANGA KO HUIARAU
Nga hapu Katoa
E mihi nui tenei ki a koutou. Nga mihi ki nga tini mate kei runga ia koutou. Haere nga mate haere. Haere ki te ara whanui o Tane. Moe mai koutou moe mai koutou moe mai i roto i Te Ariki.
We the undersigned and duly elected members of te Whare Raro o Te Runanga Ko Huiarau hereby make it known that:
1. We withdraw our support, and the support of our listed Hapu (the pilot hapu) from the organisation known as Te Runanga o Kohuiarau.
2. As legally elected representatives of our people, with their mandate, and being the majority of the members of Te Whare O Raro (known as The Kohuiarau Parliament) we hereby give notice that we place into recess The Kohuiarau Parliament.
3. The MANA of any Maori representation has and always will be nga Hapu. Not with any upper house, Commercial arm, banking arm, justice arm, etc. The core of all Maori Mana and therefore politics in Aotearoa sits with the Hapu. The Declaration of Independence was signed for and on behalf of hapu. Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the Treaty of Waitangi were both signed by Rangatira for and on behalf of Hapu. Te Runanga o Kohuiarau needs the support and the Mana of Nga Hapu.
4. There have been many promises made. The undersigned members have applied all efforts to maintain the Mana and the dignity of the Hapu they represent. However until the Whare Tairea can give to the Hapu a written undertaking, founded in Law, as to its role we call this house, Te Whare o Kohuiarau, to indefinite recess. Until the Chief Executive Officer of Te Runanga Ko Huiarau and the Commercial Arm of Te Runanga Ko Huiarau reveal their real intentions to Nga Hapu Katoa this house shall remain in recess.
5. We the undersigned Rangatira and Hapu do not support and have no association with the organisation known as "Takakawe Administratice Trust".
The people have spoken.
Hararei (Haaly) Toia Te Uri o Haumoewaarangi O Ngati Whatua Nesseem Phillips Antoun David Thomas Hawea Te Whanau A Kai / Te Whanau A Mahaki Graeme Morris Weavers Robert Anderson Mohammed Razak Paul Auckram Tracey Somerville Jack Daymond Ngati Mutunga / Wharekauri John Livingston McColl Te Rauwhero Ruka (resigned) Rukaruka ki Te Ati Awa Danny Morris Korako Watson Kurawaka o Waitaha David Spice